Hoffman/Ladwig Family (Easter 2008)

Hoffman/Ladwig Family (Easter 2008)
Christopher (14), Jay, Hannah (2 1/2), Linda, Lily (1 1/2), Ian (16), Delaney (8), Renson (11)

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Potty Training & Counting

I have to share a funny with you. I have been working on potty training Hannah since before Christmas and she has been doing very well (at least with #1) so far. The only problem has been that as soon as she starts going pee-pee, she thinks she is done so she starts to hop off the potty, resulting in dribble all over the seat, her pants and the floor! I kept explaining to her that she needed to wait until she was really done before she hopped off. Reasoning with a toddler is pretty much a waste of time! So, Jay came up with having her count to 10 beginning when we hear the last trickle before she can hop off the potty. Great idea, I thought and it it's been working out very well and in the process she has learned to count to 10! One night Jay and I were talking about how well she is learning to count to 10. Suddenly Jay started laughing and when I asked him why, he said, "I am just thinking of someone asking Hannah to count to 10 and she stops and says, 'I have to go potty first!'" We got a good laugh over it and now every time I take her potty, I can't help but giggle to myself about it.

No comments: