Hoffman/Ladwig Family (Easter 2008)

Hoffman/Ladwig Family (Easter 2008)
Christopher (14), Jay, Hannah (2 1/2), Linda, Lily (1 1/2), Ian (16), Delaney (8), Renson (11)

Friday, April 6, 2007

Surprise!

After relocating 350 miles east to a new state, home and school, you would think that that would be enough excitement for everyone. I had settled into my new "career" as wife and mother and I thought things couldn't be any better. I spent my first month reorganizing the house (Jay's home, now mine too) to reflect the fact that it was my house too. I was having a good time doing that until I began feeling so tired all the time and short of breath. Was I allergic to something in the house, on the farm, in the "fresh" Wisconsin air? On February 7th, just one month and 6 days after our vows, I found out that I was pregnant! Surprise!!! Here I am, a 36 year old woman with a teenage son, preteenage son and two new step-children that hadn't had any time to become accustomed to that fact that they had two new step-brothers (not to mention a new step-mother) now living in their home and "invading" their space and I find out that after 11 years with no new children...I am going to have a baby???? Yikes!!! After the shock wore off and the congratulations from family and friends rolled in, I couldn't help but be excited at the prospect of having a little bundle to hold and love. Yes, it had been years, but I knew I could do it again. God was giving us yet one more blessing in our lives.

No comments: