Hoffman/Ladwig Family (Easter 2008)

Hoffman/Ladwig Family (Easter 2008)
Christopher (14), Jay, Hannah (2 1/2), Linda, Lily (1 1/2), Ian (16), Delaney (8), Renson (11)

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Welcoming our newest family member!

1 o'clock in the morning on September 15th, I just couldn't get comfortable, my back hurts! What's going on? The cramps are coming so fast I can't even walk more than a room's length without stopping to rest and breath. I go downstairs without any plan really. I am pacing like a caged animal trying to figure out what I can do to stop these cramps. I go back upstairs and sit down on the bed..."Jay?" I try to wake him up..."What!?!" he says as he jolts up in bed. "What's wrong?" "I think I'm in labor." "Are you sure?" "No, but I don't know what else it could be." It was 2 weeks before my due date, but at my last appt. my Dr. had told me she didn't think I was going to make it until then. So we got up and ready, Jay called my Mom and told her he was on his way to get her to come stay with the kids. We got to the hospital and got into our room and found out that I was already dilated to 8 cm. I thought that this would be a quick one like it was with Christopher...no such luck! Our little one decided to wait until 11:20 a.m. to show her beautiful little face! We knew we were having a girl this time so it wasn't such a shock to me. To me, she seemed so tiny. She weighed 8 lbs. 2 oz. and was 21 1/2 in. long. She is the smallest of all my babies. We named her Lily Kristine.

Later that day, Jay's Mom brought the four older kids down to see their newest little sister and then the next day Jay brought my Mom (who had been staying with Hannah the day before) and all the kids down to visit. Hannah couldn't get over this little baby. She kissed her and hugged her. The picture on the right is of the girls as Hannah is coming up off Lily after giving her a nice wet one! What a sweetie! Below are a few more of Lily's first moments.

No comments: